5TH SUNDAY AFTER EASTER 17TH MAY 2020
Greetings to all of you members and welcome to this fifth Sunday after Easter. I believe that the resurrected LORD Jesus Christ therefore reigning in your situation. It is not easy during especially the COVID19 season, many of us are not facing it well under the lock down but God knows. It is against this background that I would like to share on the above topic. we are reading from Isaiah 40:18-31“With whom, then, will you compare God?To what image will you liken him?“ Please read up-to the end.
From the above passages, I would like to draw the following lessons:
- The lord God created everything seen and unseen.
- God is not compared with any man made gods, they are true works of man and are uselessly poor.
- In verses 21-23 of Isaiah 40, the lord God is the overall who judges everything with justice. When he decides, no one can stand before him.
- He is the almighty.all powerful, all knowing, he sees everything, everywhere-Nothing is hiden from him.
- He gives power to the faint, anyone on the verge of collapse can be received by him. the everlasting one. the reality is that even the young can fail, collapse of tiredness.
”But only those who wait upon the lord God shall not fail, they shall mount on the wings like the eagle and then shall be strengthened”
In conclusion, wait upon the lord and it will be ok. wait by!
Prayers Be in the word God , walk in close fellowship with our master Jesus christ and other christian believers, let the holy spirit guide and comfort you in every way of life. Blessings in Christ Jesus, Amen!
COLLECT OF THE DAY ASB page 622 Almighty and everlasting God, you are always more ready to hear than we pray and give more than either we desire or deserve, pour down upon us the abundance of your mercy, forgiving us those things of which our conscience is afraid and giving us those good things which we are not worthy to ask, save through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ your son our lord, Amen.
FESTUS ALBERT UDONGO Chaplain