6TH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY, SUNDAY 28th JULY 2019
You are all most welcome for today’s service in the precious name of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Trinity means that God is one in his essential Being but in this Being, there are three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, yet they do not form separate and distinct individuals.
Today we shall focus on humanity of Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, having learnt of his Divinity. Humanity is the state of being a person. Jesus was a complete person and to deny this, is being Anti-Christ, deceiving yourself and not true, besides watering down Christianity. 2John 1:7
Evidence that Jesus was Human;
- Jesus was born as a baby by Mary (person) his mother Luke 2:7
- Jesus grew in wisdom& stature and in favour with God & men Luke 2:52. He was born a baby, grew as a boy and growing signifies humanity.
- After fasting Forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. Mathew 4:2. Being hungry is human.
- Jesus was asleep in the boat. Mathew 8:24. The fact that Jesus could sleep, is a proof of humanity.
- Jesus got tired from the journey and sat down by the well John 4:6.
- Jesus was tempted in every way, just as we are, yet was without sin. Hebrew 4:15
- Christ died, 1cori 15:3, a proof that he was human because all human with life, comes to an end.
- Jesus wept John11: 35. A sign of humanity, affection and emotion.
- Jesus attended a wedding of Canaan in Galilee John 2:2. A sign of human fellowship.
Purpose/ Implications of Jesus’s Humanity
I. John 1:14 & 18, the word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. No one has ever seen God, but God the one and only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known”.
II. Galatians 4:4-5, But when the time had fully come, God sent His son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law that we might receive the full rights of sons.
III. Hebrews 2:10, God brought humans to life and salvation through the suffering of Christ.
IV. Hebrews 2:11, both the one who make men Holy, and those who are made Holy are of the same family.
V. Hebrews 2:14, to share our human nature in order to save us from sin and death.
VI. Hebrews 2:16, Jesus came to save sinners, descendants of Abraham not angles that are perfect.
VII. Hebrews 2:17, to share our experiences in order to open gates of forgiveness.
Jesus is completely human as well as divine. We should emulate his Humanity, resist temptations, believe in him and become part of Him in order to receive everlasting life John 3:16.
Reverend Grace Lubaale
Question for Home cell. Read Luke 2:1-52, John 3:3-16 and the above Scriptures.
Reflect on the above message and Readings and share with your cell members about the Humanity of Jesus Christ & its purpose in your life.