2ND SUNDAY OF LENT SUNDAY 17th MARCH 2019 (Youth Sunday)
You are all most welcome once again to worship with us in this service and thank you very much for choosing to come to St. Luke’s chapel Mulago.
Today, our focus is on Lifting your Family in Prayer.
What is a Family?
- A group consisting of parents & children living together in a household.
- All the descendants of a common ancestor.
- A group of related things.
Families differ in terms of Economic, Social and many other facets but what many families has in common is that people who call it a family are making clear that people are important in some way to the person calling him his Family.
What is Prayer?
Prayer is a Spiritual communication between man and God, a two way relationship in which man should not only talk to God but also listen to him. (Billy Graham)
Praying to God is like a child’s conversation with his Father. It is natural for children to ask their father for the things they need. Promises of prayer (Psalm 91:15) (Isaiah 65:24) (Matthew 7:7)
Importance of lifting our families in prayer.
The Family is established upon divine creation to accomplish God’s purpose and to enrich our lives. Eventually in this present age of advanced communication, the family unit cannot neglect communicating with God by omitting Family prayers.
Focusing on prayers will make the entire Family thrive.
Take a look at those prayer points for family and also the daily in your Family life.
- Pray and ask God to go with your Family (Exodus 33:15)
- Dedicate your family to serve the Lord (Joshua24:15)
- Pray for the release of vision into your homes (Proverbs 29:18)
- Pray for unity in your family (Psalm 133)
- Pray that God will bless your family with good health (Exod. 23:25)
- Pray and thank God for meeting your financial needs (Phil. 4:19)
- Pray for your family and Children (Matthew 19:14)
- Pray for parents (Proverb 22:6)
In Conclusion, We are all called upon to lift our families in prayer every day.
May the Lord help us to always lift our families in prayer because prayer is a strong weapon against any situation.
God bless you.
MR MUTEBI BENJAMIN
QUESTIONS FOR HOME CELL AND PERSONAL REFLECTION
- What is the importance of praying together as a family?
- How effective can you establish and sustain a family