SUNDAY AFTER CHRISTMAS DAY, SUNDAY OF 30th DECEMBER 2018
You are most welcome for today’s service, the last Sunday of the year 2018. Congratulations upon the peaceful celebrations of Christmas and we look forward to the year 2019 coming in two days’ time! Happy New Year!
The birth of Jesus Christ (Luke 2:6) is a historical fact which has stood the test of time.
According to John 1:14-18, we read; “And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth.
- John bare witness of him and cried, saying, this was he of whom I spoke, He that cometh after me is preferred before me; for he was before me. And of his fullness have all we receive, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth come by Jesus Christ. No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten son which is in the besom of the Father, he has declared him”
- What does grace mean? It means the un merited favour of God. God’s love and mercy extended to Human beings. While we were still sinners Jesus Christ died for us …(Rom. 5:8)
- Ruther still, God gives gifts to those who believes in him so that they can function effectively in witnessing for Him (Romans 12:3 ff)
- The Apostle Paul witnessing to Titus (Titus 2:11-14) says, “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present life…”
- In Romans, again Paul says, must we continue in sin so that grace may increase? (Romans 6:1-2) This means that we should not abuse the grace of God by live in sin. We need to repent and believe the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and become God’s children. (John 1:12).
In Conclusion, God’s love for us was revealed when God sent his only son into the world so that we could have life through him. (1John 4:9). There is no life outside him because only out of his fullness can we receive grace upon grace.
Therefore everyone needs to behave and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and saviour, submit to his rule/will until eternity.
Happy New year to you all! Blessings in Christ Jesus.
Udongo Albert Festus (Rev. Can.)
QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL REFLECTION AND HOME CELLS
Read: Isaiah 9:6-7, John 1:14-18, Galatians 4:1-7, Psalms 116:11-19, Titus 2:11-14
- What is grace?
- How can Christians grow in God’s grace?
- Discuss how the grace of God has been a blessing to you?