2ND SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY SUNDAY OF 10th JUNE 2018
You are all most welcome to this service in the Precious name of Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour.
Today we are looking at the theme “Jesus Christ our Model Leader”.
In life all of us are leaders at a given point and time but who is a leader?
A leader is a person who has authority to direct and guide in a certain field in terms of excellence, success etc. A model is a praiseworthy example to be copied with or without modification in other words someone exemplary.
Jesus Christ as our model leader hence means as we live, we have a perfect and exemplary leader to emulate. Like all leaders here in the world, Jesus Christ also was given authority. This was even given as a prophecy by ISAIAH in Isaiah 9:6 and in Jesus’ leadership; he was going to do the following:
- Carry the government upon his shoulder (carry people’s burdens)
- He was a wonderful (surprisingly excellent, VERY GOOD, ADMIRABLE, EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE) LEADER.
- A good counsellor and everlasting father
- The Prince of Peace
According to Isaiah 61:1ff, his authority was used to:
- Bring good news to the poor
- Bring healing to the broken hearted
- Give freedom to the captives and open prisons, he consoled those who mourned. Give the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; give them beauty for ashes and the oil of Joy for mourning.
- Jesus leadership had a purpose that those he was leading would;
Be called the trees of righteousness, rebuild the old ruins, raises up former desolations, repair the ruined cities and restore the desolations of many generations.
As leaders how are your leadership in relation to this which our model leader did? We all believe that leadership comes from God and if so then, we need to emulate Jesus our model since he is the author and the finisher of our faith.
No leader can do this unless we embrace the great commandment of our leader. John 15:11-17. Verse 16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruits……” May we bear the required fruit as required by our master.
HEAD OF LAITY.