25TH DECEMBER 2018 (CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE)
You are most welcome for today’s service in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Congratulations on reaching this Christmas day of 2018. I wish you all a very much blessed Christmas.
This is a moment of celebration. We celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, which took place over 2000 years ago in the little town of Bethlehem of Judah, David’s town. Joy to the world the Lord has come…”
In a humble way, King Jesus was born. It was that way so that all classes of people may reach God through Him, the Messiah, the Christ – the Chosen One of God (Titus 2:11-14).
According to John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His One and only Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”
Our response to His birth must, therefore be:
- To believe and accept Him as Lord and Saviour. (John 3:16)
- To follow Him every day of our lives. (Rom. 14:7-8)
- To trust and obey all His Word and teachings. (2Tim. 3:14-17)
- To make disciples of all nations for Him. (Mark 16:15-18)
In order to do the aforesaid, Christmas time must not be a time of over-indulgence in eating and drinking or merry-making like most people take it to be. Instead, we must use it as a time of deep reflection on our relationship with our Maker and through the guidance of the Holy Spirit seek for the righteousness, peace and joy that comes through our union with God through the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Romans 14:17)
If you have not yet given your life to Jesus Christ, would you use this time to do so? You may wish to pray like this:
“Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of Jesus. I am sorry for all my sins which are so many. Please forgive me; I now open my heart to receive Jesus into my life. Holy Spirit, come and fill me and make me the kind of person God wants me to be. I pray all this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.”
If you have prayed the above prayer, then:
- Jesus has come into your life (Revelation 3:20)
- Your sins have been forgiven and you have eternal life (Romans 6:23)
- You have become a child of God (John 1:12)
- You must join a Bible-believing Church and worship regularly with other Christian brothers and sisters.
- Continue to grow in your faith through daily prayer, Bible reading and study, fellowshipping with other Christian believers and witness daily for Jesus Christ by your lifestyle.
Enjoy the Christmas celebrations in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Reverend Canon Albert Festus Udongo