3rd SUNDAY OF LENT, SUNDAY OF 24th MARCH 2019
You are most welcome for today’s service in the precious name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
After understanding True Fasting which is key in our lives and relationship with God, then we need to be faithful to God whom we have sought forgiveness so that we do not return to the past. This requires observing the 10 commandments Exodus 20:1-17 which constitute Christian ethics:
- There is one God and no other to adore.
- You shall not make or worship Idols
- You shall not misuse the name of the Lord.
- Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it Holy
- Honour your Father and Mother so that you may live long in the land.
- You shall not murder
- You shall not commit adultery
- You shall not steal
- You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour
- You shall not covet your neighbours’ belongs.
Jesus in Mark12:30-31 summarised the Ten Commandments into two by saying, Love the Lord your God with all your Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength and also Love your Neighbour as Yourself.
We are therefore, called upon to be good stewards of our Body, Time, Possession, and Talents in order to inherit God’s Kingdom.
The above places a big role on the Christians to be faithful all the times.
This is not possible with human effort but with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit and His fruits of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control, it becomes possible.
Therefore, as it is stated in Matthew 6:33; seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.
God Bless you as you remain faithful to Him in all aspects.
REV. GRACE LUBAALE
Questions for Home cell and personal reflection
Examine critically the challenges you are facing in being faithful to God and the way forward. Share in your cell groups.