16TH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY, SUNDAY OF 16th SEPTEMBER 2018
You are most welcome for today’s service in Jesus name.
Today is the climax of the Diocesan Convention. After here, we shall all move to St. Stephens Kisugu Church to witness & hear more of the gospel. The convention theme is growing together which is vital for the survival, growth and influence of Christianity in the world.
- From the early church as illustrated in Acts 2:42-47, we see the Christians very devoted to the Apostles teachings and prayer.
- They sold property & possessions in order to share with those in need which strengthened their ministry.
- Every day they met at the temple courts to worship.
- They extended fellowship to their homes through eating together & praying with sincere hearts while praising God and enjoying the favour of every one.
- Through the above togetherness, the Lord added many to their fellowship.
- The psalmist also emphasizes how good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity & fellowship (Psalm 133:1)
- Jesus Christ our Lord & Saviour in John17:21 prayed that all people may be one, in unity & fellowship.
I therefore Implore everyone here today to embraces togetherness, end selfishness caused by the flesh so that we are filled with the Holy Spirit & His Fruits of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness Faithfulness, Humility and Self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
Rev. Grace Lubaale
Home cell Questions and personal reflection
Reflect on your life and the stumbling blocks to the unity of our church, share with your cell members and devise strategies to enhance unity.