PALM, SUNDAY 14th APRIL 2019
You are all most welcome for today’s service in Jesus name who is our Lord and Saviour.
Today is Palm Sunday and it marks the end of the lent season (40days of fasting) and ushers the church into the Holy week which illustrates the suffering, crucifixion, Death, Burial and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
According to the Gospel narratives (Mathew 21:1-11, Mark 11:1-11, Luke 19:28-44) Jesus Christ entered Jerusalem triumphantly riding on a young Donkey. All those ahead and the ones behind Jesus were jubilating with palm leaves and branches of trees saying “Hosanna, blessings on the coming kingdom of our Father David, Hosanna in the Highest heavens”…
The triumphant entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem signifies that:
- Salvation of God‘s people was announced & made very public for those who hear, see and accept. Mathew 21:9. Hosanna in Hebrew means save us.
- Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord (Mathew 21:9) who does things in the name of the Lord.
- Jesus the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee was publically seen, welcome & believed. (Mathew 21:11).
- Ended speculation of the people of Israel regarding the coming of the messiah (Luke 19:41-44). It became very clear that Jesus is the messiah & Saviour of mankind to date.
- Revealed the divinity of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
- Salvation of mankind was through Jesus Christ the promised messiah. People believed, accepted, and followed Christ hence growth of the church numerically & geographically.
I therefore invite you today to believe with no more doubt and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. (John 8:16). In order to triumph over the challenges of today so as to receive eternal life.
Blessing in Jesus name.
Rev. Grace Lubaale
QUESTIONS FOR HOME CELL
- What challenges are you experiencing in your salvation journey, share with members and identify strategies to overcome?