13TH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY, SUNDAY OF 26th AUGUST 2018
You are most welcome for this 13th Sunday after trinity in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Our topic today is redeeming our youthful days.
The word redeem means compensating for something lost in the past by trying to recover that lost time, opportunity and energy. In essence redeeming our youthful days means doing something better than the way we did yesterday or in the past.
How do we waste time as youth?
- Wasting time on abusing drugs
- Wasting time on lustful relationships
- sexual Immorality
- Selfishness, stealing
- Playing bad politics
How can we then redeem our youthful days
- Turning to Christ above all
- Finding help to get over drug addiction from trusted people.
- Attending SWAP Fellowships in order to survive lustful relationships
- Desist being involved or used in bad politics
- Praying for God’s grace to manifest the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit
In a nutshell, let us as youth be inspired by good examples like Joseph (Gen 39:1-23), Daniel (Daniel 3:1-30), Nelson Mandela.
If we are to pursue a better tomorrow and a better country and family, we need to look back and think through the things we wasted time on and compensate what we lost in the past.
FOR GOD AND MY COUNTRY
QUESTIONS FOR HOMECELL AND PERSONAL REFLECTION.
- What is the role of family in upbringing of youths with a difference?
- What is the contribution of the church towards helping it’s youth to redeem their lost youthful days
- Challenges the youth of today. Are they similar to those in the past?